Bel Air Bay Club

Bel-Air Bay Club was built during 1927 and 1928 as part of a 31-acre project conceived by Alphonzo Bell, one of the primary developers of Los Angeles.  His previous real estate ventures included the Bel-Air neighborhood and its famous country club. The country clubs he established, including Bel-Air Bay Club, are testaments to his vision of places of beauty and leisure for the growing demographic of the Hollywood elite. 

The Club was such a center of social activity during the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s that many celebrities frequented Club functions, along with other prominent local citizens. Today, the Club is a popular destination for family and social gatherings as well as paddle tennis, volleyball, beach activities and bridge. 

In 2007 extensive renovations were completed on the lower club; all designed by Burdge & Associates.

7Y8A5036.jpg
7Y8A5155.jpg
7Y8A5029.jpg
7Y8A5048.jpg
7Y8A5063.jpg
7Y8A5069.jpg
7Y8A5102.jpg
7Y8A5136.jpg
7Y8A5145.jpg
7Y8A5175.jpg
7Y8A5097.jpg
7Y8A5068.jpg